Are you looking for a BC adoption lawyer to help you with all the paperwork? Adopting a child can be a stressful and long process, but it doesn’t have to be. You are in luck; there is an adoption lawyer (Paul Henry) who works with clients in BC. There are very few lawyers that focus on adoption in Canada.
He is based in Kelowna but works with his clients via phone, email and video conferencing. That means he can help you if you are in Vancouver, Victoria or anywhere else in the province.
If you are looking to speak with the adoption lawyer, please fill out the form on the side of this page. Our intake team will collect your information.
Once we have all the information we need, we will connect you with Paul Henry (the lawyer) so he can tell you the next steps. Please do not ask legal questions to our intake staff as they are not lawyers.
Fertility Issues Can Lead To Adoption
Many people decide to hire an adoption lawyer to complete the process when they cannot have a child by themselves. People are having a harder time having children these days, this is mostly because of:
- Many people are waiting until after 35 years old to have children. It becomes harder for women to have children the older they get
- People are smoking and drinking a lot
- Stress levels have been going up
- Diets have mostly been improving, but some people still eat unhealthily
But keep in mind that many people adopt children for non-fertility related reasons.
Our lawyer can take care of your adoption for you for a flat rate of $2750 plus tax. Many people decide that since the adoption is so important to them, that it’s better to have a legal professional take care of it. Flat rates are often better than hourly rates since you know what your final bill will be.
How Do I Adopt A Child In BC?
Step 1: Your lawyer will submit the application for the adoption to the courts.
Step 2: You will receive information from the adoption program
Then you must complete the home study program.
The last step is to receive the needed approval to adopt the child!
In Canada the home study program is free. Once the home study is completed, you will often have to complete an interview with an adoption licensee.
Read more articles about the law:
- Coronavirus: Lawyers will lose their jobs if the government doesn’t step in
- The Corona Virus Has Made Divorce Calls In Ontario Spike
- How Can I Search My Spouses Property?
There are three common situations where our adoption lawyer can help you:
- Doing an adoption with a child in another country
- adopting a stepchild and adopting a birth relative (in the family)
- adopting through an agency (private.) This has become less common as many agencies have shut down.
A common reason someone reaches out to our law firm is when one spouse remarries, and the new spouse wants to adopt the child from the previous marriage.
Another reason is when a parent dies and the family wants to adopt and take care of their child.
Please reach out to Clearway to start the process. If you want to learn more about law, visit our videos.