Planning On Getting Married
Are you planning on the best date to get married? If you are getting married in Alberta, British Columbia, or Ontario, speak to one of our lawyers. They can help you with a marriage agreement. 50% of people get divorced. Marriage agreements, or prenups, are not very expensive. If you spend $1500 on an agreement that saves you $100K and years of fighting later, it’s a good deal. If you want to speak to a family lawyer, contact us below. The rest of this article will explore what date is best to get married according to numerology.
Does getting married on certain dates increase divorce? A news article was posted by Global News last fall regarding “Does getting married on certain dates increase divorce?” The study was completed at the University of Melbourne in Australia. It found that spouses that get married on certain wedding dates may be more likely to get divorced.
The study’s report was called “Not Your Lucky Day: Romantically and Numerically Special Wedding Date Divorce Risks.” The study found that couples who got married on “special” dates like Valentine’s Day or numerically special dates (06/06/06 or 11/11/11) were 18-36% more likely to get divorced than those who got married on “regular” dates.
The researchers believe that those who get married on “special” dates were possibly influenced by the specific date to get married. Typically a couple would decide whether to get married first and then determine when. The researchers believe the wish to get married on a “special” date may influence parties to get married. They skip the step of first figuring out whether they should get married.
Dates For Marriage | Best Date To Get Married
The divorce study also noted that the higher divorce rates for the “special” date group also showed factors linked to greater chances of divorce, such as:
- Spouses who married on special dates were less alike, in terms of education and ages than spouses who married on ordinary dates
- People who got married on special dates were more likely to have been married before and more likely to have children already
- Brides who married on Valentine’s Day were more likely to be pregnant on their wedding day than those who married on ordinary dates.
Don’t Tie The Knot If:
- The wife’s birth and wedding months coincided
- The wedding happened in the winter or mid-summer
- A child was born within nine months of marriage to a couple who wasn’t initially living together
- Remarrying couples didn’t live together for at least a year
- A couple wed on a Monday or Tuesday
The study concluded that more research would need to be completed to determine whether these patterns appear in other countries (such as Canada). However, if you are thinking of getting married on a “special” date, maybe consider getting a domestic contract beforehand. Just in case.
Does getting married on certain dates increase divorce? Do you have other questions about getting married such as marriage agreements?
You can see our family law videos on Youtube.
Wedding Dates Numerology FAQs:
What is the best day to get married?
We would suggest speaking to a wedding planning to pick the best day to get married. You don’t want it to rain.
How to plan for the day for your wedding?
Make sure you get a marriage agreement at least a month before the wedding.
What is a popular wedding spot in Alberta?
We think Banff is the nicest part of Alberta.