Looking for the BEST Divorce & Family Law firm? Yelp posted this article long before ClearWay Law came to Cowichan Valley, so we aren’t upset we are not on it! We are not sure if Yelp is the best place to look for a divorce lawyer. Perhaps you should review Google Maps and research law firm reviews instead. When you look at ClearWay Law’s reviews, you will notice we are originally an Ontario law firm. In 2019, we opened our first British Columbia law firm in Duncan BC.
The truth is that there are only a few family lawyers with over 10 years experience in Cowichan Valley. Law Society rules prohibit any law firm from saying they are the best. But to make your search easier, we put together a list of tips for how to find the best divorce lawyer for you in the Cowichan Valley.
Things to look for in a divorce law firm:
- Great communication. Don’t expect to hear back within a few hours, but you should hear back within 24 hours.
- Family law experience. Don’t hire a lawyer that does many different kinds of law. A lawyer should focus on one or two areas of law, maximum. Don’t hire a real estate lawyer for a family law matter.
- Uses advanced technology. Lawyers with a terrible website probably don’t understand technology. The lawyer is most likely not innovative. If it takes them a long time to figure something out, because they don’t use technology, you are paying them per hour.
- Honest billing. Some lawyers charge premium rates, which really means they bill whatever they feel like. It is the personal believe of our CEO, Alistair Vigier, that this is extremely dishonest and should not be allowed.
- Excellent review online. Have a look at the reviews for the different lawyers at the law firm.
Our law office also assists people in Port Alberni and Tofino with their family law disputes.
Our law firm is in Duncan BC and offers service to the Cowichan Valley and Nanaimo. You can reach our family lawyer on her offices direct line at 1-844-466-6529
BEST Divorce & Family Law Firm
Barbara has been a family lawyer for 20 years (called to the Bar of BC May 1999.) Ms. Read was also called to the High Court of New Zealand (February 2001). Some of Ms. Read’s accomplishments are:
- commission as MCFD counsel (Ministry of Children & Family Development)
- 20 years experience in family law
- accreditation as a family law mediator
Read more: The Effect of Dating During A Divorce
Our Duncan lawyer is a family lawyer and family law mediator with ClearWay Law.
We have divorce lawyers in Ottawa, Toronto and Duncan BC
Looking for the BEST Divorce & Family Law firms? We suggest reviewing Google reviews and law firm websites! Good luck on your search!
Want to learn more about family law? Have a look at our YouTube videos.