Family Court Lawyer | London Ontario

Family Court Lawyer London

Are you looking for a family court lawyer to help you with a legal issue? Our law firm always suggests avoiding court if possible. However, sometimes working on a separation agreement or a custody agreement fails. Sometimes a demand letter simply doesn’t work.

If you need a family court lawyer, we have lawyers in Toronto and London Ontario. In other parts of Ontario, we offer non-court legal services. This includes creating a marriage agreement, separation agreement, or doing demand letters. Our lawyers also do ILA.

In BC, we have a lawyer in Kelowna that can appear in court. Our BC lawyer can help do agreements anywhere in BC.

Even if one of our litigation lawyers outside of Toronto and London can’t show up in court, they might be able to do family law pleadings for you. They will be able to start notice of family claim for you. Sometimes starting legal action against someone is enough to get someone to settle with you.

It’s best to contact our law firm to let us know what you need a London family lawyer to do. You can call us toll-free at 1-844-466-6529

You can also book a consultation on our main page.

It’s also possible to leave our firm a message via the live chat function.

Things Our London Family Lawyers Can Do In Court For You

  • We can file applications and appear in chambers. This will enable you to deal with small issues before things go to trial. Waiting for trial can take a long time. Courts are very backlogged due to the number of files.
  • Our lawyers can file motions to move things along.
  • We can attend trials.
  • Our law firm can do private meetings between the parties.
  • Our lawyers can attend case conferences.

Family Court Lawyer

Hire A Lawyer With Plenty Of Time Before The Court Date

If a court date has already been set, do not wait until the last minute to deal with it. Contact a law firm at least a month in advance if possible. There may be filing deadlines of 8 days before court. Keep in mind that it will take time for your lawyer to understand your case. Once they understand everything, they will need to prepare for court.

Many people think going to court is simple and cheap, but it’s not. You will need to pay a retainer of at least $5000 and you will need to help your lawyer understand the facts. You will have to provide all the evidence to the law firm you hire.

Read more articles about Ontario Law:

Just like a doctor, lawyers must move quickly to get someone out of trouble. Lawyers use their skills to make quick and important decisions. Law firms enjoy taking on hard problems that others cannot solve. This is because it allows them to be creative and to apply the law to a situation.

By talking about hard cases, it doesn’t mean going to court. Sometimes if someone is chasing you for money, and you should pay it, the last thing you want is to appear in front of a judge. Once a judge decides, the other side might be able to sell your property to pay the money you owe.

The best family lawyers also try to keep things out of court to save their clients money. However, sometimes this is not always possible. If the other side is refusing to be reasonable, you might need to book a trial date. Less than 3% of family law disputes go to trial. The average Canadian simply cannot afford it.

Ministry of Children and Family Development

In Ontario, the Ministry of Children and Family Development (‘MCFD’) is accountable for the child welfare and leadership policy objectives of the Child Family and Community Services Act (‘CFCSA’). Further, under the CFCSA, a minister gets to appoint the Child Protection Officer. They are progressively responsible for making sure that every child is tended for and safe at home. The Minister of Children & Family Development is expected to make exceptional progress on the following priorities:

Child Protection Agreements In Ontario

The security plan, also known as a safety plan, lays out just how your child will be cared for. This takes place during a child welfare investigative process. Such plans are often one of the principal steps after MCFD obtains a document on child protection issues. Therefore, failing to comply with a security plan may end with just the forcible removal of the child. Make sure you understand the plan in great detail. If you don’t understand, ask a lawyer.

The care plan, also known as a family plan, outlines where your kid will reside while your case to come before the court.

The access agreement provides specific information and limitations on when and where you will be going to visit your child. Further, this agreement is normally only important when the MCFD has already removed your child from your home.

Have you now engaged in a CFCSA matter and approached the MCFD for assistance? At this challenging moment in your life, it is important to realize your options. You might want to reach an agreement with them. Although each household is unique, there are a lot of possible agreements that could be established. As a popular saying goes: not all your fingers are the same.